1. Exhibition Spaces: 09:00-17:00 (October-March) 09:00-19:00 (April-September) 2. The Museum is closed on certain holidays. (New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Good Saturday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday, May 1st, Christmas Day and Boxing Day). 3. Visitors may enter the museum 45 minutes before scheduled closing time. 4. Clearance of the galleries begins 20 minutes before closing time. Essential work may necessitate closing galleries without previous notice.
Tickets and General Information for Visitors
Free admission, on the following dates: • First Sunday of every month, from November 1 to March 31. • October 28 (National Day). • November 21 (Armed Forces Day). • March 25 (National Day). • April 18 (International Memorial Day). • May 18 (International Museum Day). • The last weekend of September each year. (Two days of European Cultural Heritage Days). 2. The following are entitled to a reduced rate: • Young persons under 18 years of age, from non-EU countries, with current identification card to confirm age and country of origin.
• Students of Higher Education Institutions, Military Schools or equivalent Schools from non-EU countries, with valid student identification card or International Student Identity Card (ISIC). • Citizens from EU countries, 65 years of age and over, with current identification card to confirm age. • Parents accompanying children on primary education school visits from EU countries. • Families of military or civilian personnel of the Ministry of Defense. • Teachers accompanying children on primary, secondary and tertiary education school visits from non-EU countries. • Personnel of the Security Forces (Hellenic Police, Fire and Coast Guard). • Participants in a group of visitors (the term group means a number of visitors that exceeds the number of 10). 3. The following categories of visitors are entitled to free admission: • Young persons under 18 years of age, from EU countries, with current identification card to confirm age and country of origin. • Children under 5 years of age, from non-EU countries, with current identification card to confirm age and country of origin. • Students of Higher Education Institutions, Military Schools or equivalent Schools from EU countries with valid student identification card or International Student Identity Card (ISIC). • Teachers accompanying children on primary, secondary and tertiary education school visits from EU countries and teachers accompanying students of Military Schools from EU countries, and teachers by showing the free entry card or valid OLME membership card. • Greek unemployed citizens, with identification card and current unemployment card. • People with disabilities (67% or more) from EU and non-EU countries and person accompanying them, with disability certificate by the Health Ministry or public sector medical report, clearly indicating disability and its percentage.
• Greek parents of three-child and large-child families, until the children reach the age of 25 or regardless of age if they have a disability. • Greek citizens performing their military service, with current military service identification card. • Military and civilian personnel of the Ministry of Defense. • Members of the Board of Directors of the club “Friends of the War museum”, for as long as their term of office on the Board of Directors lasts. • Donors and benefactors of the War Museum. • ΙCOM (International Council of Museums) and ICOMOS (International Council of Monuments and of Locations) cardholders, with valid membership. • Tour Guides with professional license from the Hellenic Ministry of Tourism. • Free Entry Pass cardholders and one person accompanying them. 4. The Museum may, at its discretion, decide the temporary closure of individual exhibition areas of the Museum, without prior notice, thus in such a case there is no full or partial refund of the ticket value.
General regulations for visitors
1. As the overall safety of visitors, security staff as well as of the exhibits and the building is of paramount importance, please take notice of the following: • Leave in the cloakroom, which operates at the entrance of the Museum, any bulky object (luggage included).
• Do not enter carrying objects dangerous to visitor safety and public health and safety. • Do not consume food or drink, except in the premises of the Museum intended for this purpose. • Do not enter accompanied by pets, excluding the guide dogs accompanying people with disabilities. • Please set cell phones to silent mode and avoid their use while touring the exhibition areas. 2. In all exhibition areas of the Museum visitors are not allowed to smoke and/or use electronic/vapour cigarettes. 3. If minors lose their way inside the Museum, they will be accompanied by Museum staff to the Museum’s ticket area.